CorroGuard has you covered
For Great Dane customers, added corrosion resistance is available by specifying CorroGuard—a spray-in-place thermoplastic coating engineered for superior, long-term protection from road abrasion and corrosive road de-icing compounds that cause corrosion on trailers.
For Great Dane customers, added corrosion resistance is available by specifying CorroGuard—a spray-in-place thermoplastic coating engineered for superior, long-term protection from road abrasion and corrosive road de-icing compounds that cause corrosion on trailers. It uses chemical technology similar to the spray-in truck bed liners that many drivers rely on to protect their personal vehicles.
Where can CorroGuard be used?
CorroGuard is an option available on the Champion Dr y Van Series as well as the Everest Reefer Series. It can be applied to the trailer suspension and axles as well as the support gear. CorroGuard is offered on sliding tandem axle (49-in. axle centers) trailers, and certain applications of fixed suspension trailers.
Why is it better than galvanizing?
CorroGuard is the best solution for protecting trailers—superior to galvanizing because the thermoplastic coating provides higher performance and is a lower weight solution. The textured coating and black color provide a much better appearance when compared to galvanizing or undercoating. CorroGuard is also more cost effective and adds life to the trailer.
Why is it the best solution?
CorroGuard, compared to all other coatings, provides superior protection as it is more durable and resistant to road abrasion. CorroGuard is typically applied to other components under the trailer that are hard or impossible to galvanize, such as brake chambers, air tanks and support gear legs; thus offering the most comprehensive corrosion protection system available.
CorroGuard is a premium feature currently offered on the following models:
In addition to the CorroGuard coating, Great Dane has other corrosion-fighting weapons in its arsenal including:
• Accuride aluminum wheels with Accu-Shield—a patented treatment that penetrates the aluminum and becomes an integral part of the wheel to resist corrosion.
• Grote Long Life Light Systems with LED lights—which are completely sealed to prevent the intrusion of moisture.
• A full-width stainless steel front bottom rail provides corrosion protection to the lower front wall of the trailer.
• The upper coupler is constructed with galvanneal components and additional rust-preventative coatings for a long-lasting, strong and durable connection.
• The EnduroGuard rear frame combines galvanneal steel with stainless steel to create an effective barrier against corrosion that delivers enhanced durability and enduring appearance throughout the life of the trailer.